At FreshPoint Charlotte we have an unwavering commitment to food safety and sanitation and we
continually strive to raise the standards of excellence for others to
follow. Our customers trust FreshPoint Charlotte to provide them with the safest produce grown and produced. We respect and earn that trust every day. "Food safety is Priority One" to safeguard our products and our customers, here's what we're doing in our facilities:
deliver your fresh produce in clean, fully temperature controlled
trucks that are sanitized on a routine schedule. Many trucks in our
fleet use specially designed roll-up rear doors with load ramps. Ramping
product off the truck prevents dropping and damaging product. All of
our trucks have grooved floor beds to prevent water leakage from one
product that would affect product stacked nearby. Our driver
communication system includes instant communication between dispatch and
drivers. Analysis of our truck tracking information helps us improve
delivery schedules, productivity, resulting in on-time deliveries for
our customers. All of our friendly and professional drivers are fully
licensed, bonded and in uniform. The bottom line is simple: Produce's fresh... stays fresh.
- Absolutely unbroken cold chain throughout our refrigerated and
environmentally-controlled facilities and distribution system. This cold
chain is monitored from the beginning by checking all inbound trucks
for proper trailer temperature using pulp thermometers to ensure product
temperatures are within tolerance.
- A variety of products require different temperature humidity
and ethylene-controlled zones for holding. Our facilities have been
modified specifically for perishable foodservice distribution ensuring
complete cold chain protection food safety sanitation security systems
and operational efficiencies.
- Third party food safety inspections. We hold the highest rating
possible with American Institute of Baking the nationally recognized
leader in the food service inspection industry with over 75 years of
experience. Their audits include food safety pest control employee
practices facility grounds and building condition. And their audits are
- Complete HACCP program for all products entering and leaving our warehouse.
- A detailed written and tested recall procedure.
- Food Safety and Good Manufacturing Practice training for employees to govern the work flow and ensure quality and sanitation.
- Sanitation schedule for facilities property and fleet.
- Monitored pest control programs.
- Sourcing product from only proven and food safety trusted suppliers.